As we enter into this season of thankfulness, we realize it's not much longer until we will be celebrating the birth of our Savior! The unexpected challenges that have come with Covid-19 has reminded us of the importance of community. We are so thankful for our volunteers that have continued to step up and serve families.
Many of our families are already financially taxed coming into the holiday season, and have had the added stress that has come with the uncertainty of this year. We hope to provide gifts for each family we have gotten to know as a tangible reminder and celebration of their worth & Jesus' love for them. We also hope to give small gifts of gratitude to our volunteers as they give of themselves so sacrificially. Here are the next steps to getting involved:
1) Purchase a gift card! Gift cards are a wonderful option because they are versatile and allow us to fill in any gaps for specific family's gifts. They also allow our placing families to select their own gifts to give, which is very empowering! Any remaining gift cards are used for children and the families we serve throughout the year.
2) Select and ship a gift! If you prefer to shop for tangible gifts, please check out our customized Amazon wish list that can be delivered directly to us. We have consulted each family regarding needs and wants so every item on the list was selected with a particular child in mind! Access list by entering: bit.ly/icm-wish-list
3) Provide a gift for our volunteers that have served this year. Something relaxing that allows them to feel encouraged and appreciated makes a big difference. Often, we like to pass along restaurant gift cards so they can enjoy a night out as a family.
If you can help, please send your Christmas items by Tuesday, December 1st to allow us enough time to distribute the gifts as we visit our families before Christmas. To plan a drop off time please call (217) 355-4446 or email [email protected] If you can not deliver the gifts or mail them to our office, please call and we would be happy to come pick them up from a location convenient to you.
Thank you for your continued support of Illini Christian Ministries and the children and families we serve. We wish you and your loved ones a very happy and blessed Christmas season!
Sharnell & Katie | Family Care
P.S. Please shop Amazon Smile for all your holiday shopping this year! When you shop through Amazon Smile and set Illini Christian Ministries as your default charity, a portion of all purchases gets donated back to ICM at no cost to you! Just go to smile.amazon.com and in the section where you can search for your own charity type in "Illini Christian Ministries".
Prayers and Praises
1. Praise God for all the volunteers and financial partners who continue to love others with generosity during this difficult time.
2. Ask the Lord to provide abundantly for the financial needs of ICM as we finish out the year.
3. Praise God for the opportunity to continue to serve vulnerable children and families in our communities.
BECOME A CHAMPION OF ICM
You can help us encourage and restore families across Illinois. Discover all partnership options by clicking the "Donate Now" button.